Two children from each class are elected to be School Council members for the academic year.
Each child serves a term (1 year) and the council meet with Mr Samson, the Headteacher, each half term to discuss matters such as health and safety, building projects and ways in which the school can be improved.
The council are allocated a budget to spend on areas of the school requiring improvement. Again, this is something that they vote for as a council.
This year the council have overseen:
1. The introduction of Godalming Junior School's Food Bank
2. More opportunities for the children to use the kitchen area for cooking activities
3. A more organised way of using the school lockers which was identified as an area of concern by the council
4. The development of the school Peace Garden in the back playground as an area of quiet time and reflection. This has been delayed due to the imminent refurbishment work taking place in the autumn term to develop the Horsa Hut
5. The introduction of the School Stationary Shop selling school supplies, such as glue sticks, rulers and pink polishing pens