Two children from each class are elected to be School Council members for the academic year.
Each child serves a term (1 year) and the council meet with Mr Samson, the Headteacher, each half term to discuss matters such as health and safety, building projects and ways in which the school can be improved.
The council are allocated a budget to spend on areas of the school requiring improvement. Again, this is something that they vote for as a council.
The school council have implemented many improvements to the school such as:
- The introduction of Godalming Junior School's Food Bank
- Designed the new school Trim Trail
- The development of the school Peace Garden in the back playground as an area of quiet time and reflection.
- The introduction of the School Stationery Shop selling school supplies, such as glue sticks, rulers and pink polishing pens
- Designed the School Uniform
- Redesigned the School Toilets
- Created Playground Rules
This year the council will be...