Two children from each class are elected to be School Council members for the academic year.
Each child serves a term (1 year) and the council meet with Mr Samson, the Headteacher, each half term to discuss matters such as health and safety, building projects and ways in which the school can be improved.
The council are allocated a budget to spend on areas of the school requiring improvement. Again, this is something that they vote for as a council.
So far the council have implemented:
- The introduction of Godalming Junior School's Food Bank
- Designed the new school Trim Trail
- The development of the school Peace Garden in the back playground as an area of quiet time and reflection.
- The introduction of the School Stationery Shop selling school supplies, such as glue sticks, rulers and pink polishing pens
- Designed the School Uniform
- Redesigned the School Toilets
This year the council will be...
- Making the school more accessible for disabled parents and children
- Ensuring there is a timetable for Digby, the school dog
- Introducing photos for year 6 and year 3 buddies
- Introducing Green Cards for outstanding behaviour
- Holding termly charity days